Friday, July 10, 2009

Done and Done.

project of the day: paint this beast that's been staring at me for the past 6 months, the only part of our house left to paint.

it started out great...only fearing for my life a few times while on the tall ladder....and then came the part of cutting in the ceiling on the left wall, that has stairs under it...


.... hmmmm, what to do, what to do?....the stairs make it impossible use a ladder.....


....time to improvise.....

...the wise man built his house upon sand...no?


... i only feared for my life EVERY SINGLE SECOND of standing on the very top of that ladder .......while visions of the cooler, books, the ladder, the paint can and me tumbling down the stairs raced through my head...

....but alas, nothing tumbled and its all finished, hooray!!

5 comments:

BJ and Alexis Gremillion said...

Yay! It feels so good to get those kind of projects done especially when they have been around for months and months. I always have unfinished projects. And I'm glad you didn't fall down the stairs!

Julie said...

I think it was the FOOLISH man who built his house upon the sand--the wise man built on ROCKS :-)! You're crazy, but it looks great!! Miss ya!

Susan said...

LOL This was definitely some serious improvising!I'm sure it looks great and I'm glad your still with us and your carpet does not have paint all over it! Has BJ seen these pictures? Love ya...

Brad and Laurie said...

I KNEW IT! I knew you were Mexican the minute I saw you! I'm turning you in to OSHA!

Heather said...

OH MY GOSH KATHERINE, NO MA'AM!!! haha.