Saturday, September 5, 2009

aloha and mahalo.

Hawaii was a blast. in the months leading up to Ashley's wedding, i came to terms with the fact that i would not be attending. BUT a few weeks shy of the big day my sweet sweet husband surprised me with tickets to go!! what a gem he is :-).

in mixed up order, here are a ton of pictures from our trip:

all the bridesmaids

smirge and imom and pops coslett us with nick and heather, we love these guys!

we played tons of sand volleyball while we were there, so fun!


Ashley's beautiful dress
pretty kona temple

the newlyweds!


lava....we hiked through a lava rock field and were so close to the lava. scariest 2 hours of my life. for real.

waterfalls

black sand beaches


pretty cliffs


beej and ceej before our LONG day trip in the jeep. emphasis on long.

us before the wedding

virg ash and kat hanging out


our feet....and bjs awesome flip flop tan line if you look close enough. hah.

ooooohhhweeee hottie!

boo for ugly lava hike
hooray for pretty beaches the ugly lava led us to ! this beach is voted one of the prettiest in the world.
funny.
turtles!

at the airport on the way TO hawaii.

the wedding was beautiful and i am so happy for my Ashley. i loved getting to experience a whole new place and that we were able to be there with so many people we love. especially since virg was there. the cosletts were were such great hosts to us and cooked so many wonderful meals, including breakfast every morning. it was fabulous.

the cosletts are mine and virgs second family and it was so fun to be on vacation with them. for me, it was really neat to watch bj interact with their family, and especially with the coslett men (jerry nick and cj.). bj only met them a few times prior to the trip, but you never would have known! he was treated like family right away. there was none of that awkward "don't really know each other" bull with them. even though they are each so different, they all gelled with bj right away and i love that. i am sure it would have been like that with Ashley's new husband, lance, but we hardly saw those little love birds after their wedding day. hmmm... weird ;-).
it was a really great trip and i am so grateful for my hubs who knew just how important being at Ashley's wedding was to me :-). we cant wait to go back!

aloha!

7 comments:

acos said...

aww katherine i loved this! and your husband really is one of the greatest people i have ever met (and not because he let you come to hawaii). it really wouldnt have been the same if he wouldnt have come too. Im so grateful that you both could be there, it really made all the difference in the world to me. i love youuuuuu kafrin!

Susan said...

I'm so glad both you and BJ were able to go. (Virg too)Thanks for the pics, they are great! Love ya!.....I love it when Ashley calls you kafrin!

Coslett's said...

AWWWWWW I love love love this post ( maybe its because you raved about our family hahaha that will do it everytime!!) But seriously we are so happy that you and BJ came! I already loved BJ but i grew to love his even more! He's so wonderful and easy to be around. I love that he is sucha wonderful influence on CJ and that CJ got to talk and hang with him! You and Virg are family including BJ and always will be! Thanx for going and being apart of Ashley's most important day! How special was it when you got to be in the brides room with ash getting ready I know ash loved it! That will be unforgettable! Jerry and I talked about going back but it wont be the same if you and BJ and the rest come along with us! So lets do it again! Love you girl!

Heather said...

I love you kat face. We love BJ too! You guys are the best. I know you meant to add my name in the part where you said " I'm glad we got to be with Virginia especially" ( or something along those lines) I know you meant to say Heather too. :) Can't wait to see yall again!!! xoxo MAHALO.

Virgilicious said...

aw kat i love you! i am sooo glad ya'll got to come! it really wouldnt have been the same without ya'll. i love that bj is so entertaining. haha. i love ya'll!!!!

BJ and Alexis Gremillion said...

That looks so fun! Hawaii is seriously the best place on earth! We really need to go on trips with you guys. I think we would have so much fun!

Brad and Laurie said...

Thanks for the post! I wondered if you guys had a good time. My vote is that we need to take the stress out of life more often so we can enjoy each other and life with trips like this one.