Tuesday, February 1, 2011

little cutie

4 weeks ago we found we are having a little girl! we are so excited. well, now we are. i wont lie, bj was slightly (majorly) disappointed when we found out the baby was of the girl variety. and i was maybe a little. me- only bc i knew how excited bj would have been to have a boy. bj..well for obvious reasons. a few funny things he said after we found out:

"a girl??? what am i gonna do with a girl???? im supposed to have a little buddy to hang out with"

bj: this is your fault

kat: uhh....in reality its YOUR fault. literally.

bj: you would say that, wouldn't you.

haha, what a dork.

after the appointment we went to buy a few outfits to celebrate knowing the gender. i knew he was a little bummed so when were in gap i let him pick everything out. it was really cute to watch him walk around with these little pink pajamas and a flowery pink dress with matching shoes. i could tell he was starting to warm up to the idea a little. after getting home that night, we were sitting on the couch watching tv. bj was looking around and he suddenly informed me that our 2 story house was too dangerous for a little girl and we were going to have to move into a 1 story immediately. haha. aaaannnd the next day when i got home from work he had installed an alarm system. really freakin cute. i just love that boy.

here are some pictures of our little gal at 19 weeks.

cutest profile i've ever seen

to be honest im not sure how this picture shows us that shes a girl. when i asked the ultrasound tech if she was sure, she said "unless your little boy has a vagina then it is definitely a girl". so i went with it.


here is a little video of her moving around. so cute. actually its probably only cute to me and my mom. and maybe ashley. so there ya go, mom and ashley. she moves around alll the time and i love it. during the ultra sound the tech kept making comments about how active she was. at both of my appointments since then the dr commented on how much he can hear her move while we are listening for the heartbeat. its so fun. and surreal that there is a little baby in there just baking away. strange. her kicks are starting to get much harder now. sometimes they catch me a little off guard. in 4 weeks we have our 3D ultra sound appointment, which i am so excited about.

that's all for now. tata.

8 comments:

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

i am so glad you put those pics and video up! so so cute. i seriously cannot WAIT for you to have her. we are going to have so much fun.

Anonymous said...

So sweet! I can't wait to meet this little Katherine! :)

The Fabela Family said...

Little boys are so fun however, I cant wait until that day comes when I get to shop for a little girl. Love the pictures. I was told that you know its a girl if it has"3 lines." When I found out the sex of Logan, I was like "Wow" that definitely a boy part. LOL

BJ and Alexis Gremillion said...

I love that video! She was moving around a lot! So cute!

acos said...

oh my gosh stop im tearing up and im not even pmsing! im so in love with her already. i cant wait to meet your little munchkin!

Reece's Pieces said...

I love the little video! What an active little girl you have!!! So fun!!! Btw Scott said the same thing and now he says he can't even imagine having a little boy instead of our little EmmaLyn! And it's more fun for you! The other day I painted her little toe nails...yes she is only 6 months old!

Kayleen said...

Katherine

Tell Brad that he's free to blog stalk our family anytime. We'll post pics of the entertainment console after it's done.

I can't wait to meet your sweet little girl!

Kayleen

Kayleen said...

HA HA! I'm an idiot! I thought your comment said that it was Brad. I'm so silly. You probably thought that was so creepy that I said that Brad could blogstalk us anytime. I swear I'm not a creepo. :)