Friday, September 23, 2011

white

i do have some actual events to post on. good ones. mission reunion trips, a day in san fran, bjs birthday......unfortunately, my mind is not occupied with important things that the moment. instead, it is filled with ideas on remodeling a kitchen. a kitchen in a house that we may move into. or maybe not. a kitchen that i may get to cook in one day. or maybe not. and a kitchen i may possibly have say of what goes in it. or maybe not. you see my problem?

the hubs and i were talking about kitchens last night and he said he does not like white kitchens. say whhhhhaaaaaaa?! is he crazy? clearly. while we were in cali he must have smoked something extra special because really. whats not to love????!?







oh i die. a thousand times over. white cabinets, dark wood floors, creamy granite, a farmhouse sink...... nothing short of perfection.

hypothetically, lets say ...ahem, that my husband was to make all of my hopes and dreams come true with one simple decision and we went with white cabinets. we would probably use a tan creamy granite because it's what he uses with work a lot so he can get it for cheaper. or that's the story i get, at least. which reminds me to check that out. the boy is  a very good salesman and in this sitch, i might not put it past him to... stretch the truth, if you will. 

SO, examples of said granite:





i do believe with right combination it could turn out equally as dreamy as the pictures up top, no? the hubs is all "white is trendy, blah blah, dark wood is classic, blah blah".  but guess what?? i like classic things. things that will stand the test of time and still look good in 10 years. and when i googled "timeless cabinet color" guess what came up over and over again???! WHITE.

booyah!

now. clearly all of you agree with me. to humor me though, could you tell me your thoughts on white kitchens? before i go and actually decide on white cabinets and possibly ruin my kitchen. and life. forever. once its decided, we can't go back. ever. bc the money will be spent. and it will be known that it was 100% my choice to go with white cabinets. and since i decided to make my bed of ugly white cabinets, now i must sleep in them. forever.

but it's not like that would happen anyway because white is the obvious choice.

but just in case.
anyone?

6 comments:

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

LOVE white. It's my dream to have a white, bright, light, open, clean, airy feeling kitchen. And that can only be accomplished with white and creams. DUH.

Audrie said...

Me too. If I were to do my own, I would definitely do the white cabinets. You could compromise, I have some friends with an AMAZING custom kitchen & the island cabinets are brown, but all of the others are white. It is BEAUTIFUL. They also have the dark wood floors and creamy colored granite.

Amber Larsen said...

I love white/creamy too. Thats what I would choose if I were you. Good luck!!!

Heather said...

definitely white. I have always loved white kitchens. That granite would look good in a white kitchen for sure! I think it would look beautiful with dark wood floors... so BJ can have his "dark wood" haha. I LOVE the white cabinets with the blue/gray wall ( check out your pictures, there's an idea of what I'm talking about.) That would be SOO pretty!

BJ said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jake and Megan said...

You just posted several pictures of my dream kitchen! Go with the white!