Saturday, January 17, 2009

saturday is the day to get ready for sunday...

So today at the gym i saw a little old woman laying on a big blue mat doing crunches. when she was finished with them, she very slowly got up and proceeded to grab her walker and push herself out of the gym. is that a little strange to anyone else??? she deserves points for for still going to the gym at that age....but it was still a little odd.

speaking of the gym, i have a new toy that i LOVE and that has made me to go the gym consistently for two weeks now. yea i know two weeks is short. in MY world however, two consecutive weeks at the gym is a miracle.
a while back courney john told me about a polar F6 heart rate monitor. her sister lori, who has a six pack (and she has TWINS mind you), uses it and loves it. so courtney was telling me about how it works and it sounded really cool. it monitors your heart rate, and by doing so it tells you how hard you need to be working in order to make your workout most effective. it shows you the exact number of calories you are burning bc it knows your height, weight and age. it also logs your weekly totals so at the end of each week you can know how long you worked out for and the total calories burned. so anyway, bj got me it for christmas and i am loving it. maybe its silly, but it really motivates me at the gym bc i can see exactly how hard i am or am not working.

so thanks for the advice courtney! :-)

tomorrow we start our new calling- teaching CTR 5! there are TEN of them and i am so excited!!!! i think 4-5 year olds are hilarious. i am sure they will be a handful, but fun nonetheless. the only downfall is that the little hellions may work as birth control for us and push our plans of getting preg this summer even further down the road....kidding ;-) sort of. haha.


and no, i dont actually know these children. they came up on google when i typed in "classroom of 4 year olds". creepy? slightly.

i made these chocolate chip cookie dough brownies to bring for the class tomorrow. bj keeps telling me we are not aloud to bring treats anymore....but i refuse to believe that. i always loved the teachers that brought treats....and thought the ones who didnt were lame. so if i have to win these 4 year olds over with sugar, so be it.

here is the recipe if you guys are interested-

http://bakerella.blogspot.com/2009/01/thaaank-you-betty.html

yum. ill let you know how they turn out :-)

5 comments:

Susan said...

I do love to hear of your success with consistent exercise, old ladies working out and you being excited about teaching in primary...I'm not too sure hellions is the best way to refer to them, as they are Heavenly Father's precious children that have been reserved for these latter days...BJ is right about the snacks...have you been rebelling for long? Now the important part of this, my first blog comment ever, I'd like to request (although I ask you EVERY day)to please e-mail me or put up on this blog some photos/video of the results of your hours of painting. I would also love to see the yard now that it has grass. etc. That's it, have a wonderful day! Love you both! (The granddogs too)

Coslett's said...

hahahaha whatever susan you know they are little hellions! just admit it! and who cares about the snackes i say give it to them! hahahaha i am now offically the devils advocate hahahahaha i love it! lol

Heather said...

Hahaha! Oh katherine, how I miss you. First of all, GREAT blog. You really should blog more often. Also, I miss those grand ol days at the gym getting NOTHING done what so ever. haha. Us just attempting crunches looking like beached whales. haha. And that old lady story is so funny. Also, Virg told me about your "summer plans" and IM SOOO EXCITED for yall. About time, dawg! haha. I call god mother. haha. Also, Nick and I taught the 8 and 9 year olds in Primary for a bit. We did sharing time and brought TONS of candy. They loved us. We were a hit. We made these paper dollar bills called " valient bucks" ( b/c we taught valient A) and they could redeem them the next sunday for candy. ( this works well for fast sundays.) haha. Also, im very proud of you for working out so much!!!! good job! Work out for me, will ya? haha. Also- I need to do a liver cleanse asap. Also, im gonna get accupuncture done too. Cool huh? haha.

The Himmer Family said...

i got one of those heart rate monitors when I was pregnant, and I love it! Unfortunately... the six pack after child birth doesn't seem to run in the family :( I am in primary now too... just wait, those kids make me laugh every week with the things they come up with. My favorite from yesterday's sharing time about- My body is a temple: "We don't drink alcohol because you could choke on your own mucus" or maybe "You can't get married before you are 24..." Whoops, guess I missed that one.

Texas Blad's said...

Thanks for the shout out, girl! I LOVE that monitor!! It changed the way I worked out! that and working with a trainer!