Monday, September 6, 2010

so long sweet summer

JUNE:
-we celebrated our 3 year anniversary! yummy food, pretty jewelry and camping gear were exchanged. no pictures from this one...one day ill be better at taking pictures.

- i chopped all my hair off! I've never had short hair but i had been flirting with the idea for a while so i just did it. i have a love/hate relationship with it. bj loves my hair short but sometimes i miss a good ol' ponytail. or maybe i miss that long hair hides 2nd day grease much more effectively than short hair.

my favorite part about short hair is that its so versatile. when i blow dry and straighten it, it looks styled and cute (see above ). but if I'm feeling a lil loco and want to change my look up, i simply let it air dry and BAM! it takes on the Sean wave (see below ). don't be jealous. i mean, he was always the hot one. and of course i look equally as dreamy with the sean wave as sean did back in the day. like you even had to ask on that one.
JULY: went to Texas for a week! it was great to see my family and spend time with my mom, Liz, Tristan and Jonathan. I had not see Jonathan since my wedding 3 years ago! crazy. unfortunately, i once again forgot to take many pictures.
me and my favorite 6 year old ever! i had too much fun with this kid. i wish i could remember all of the hilarious things he said in our conversations. he is the funniest little guy ever.
at the 4th of july breakfast at the church with my beautiful sis, Liz, and Tristan. i didn't get any pics of my mom but she was there too.
while we were in Texas our dog, duke, ran away! he was at bjs parents house with bj and we think the fireworks must have scared him away. bj and his family looked all over town, put up flyer's, and called all the humane societies but they couldn't find him. bj was devastated.
a few weeks after we got home and realized duke was gone for good, we got this little guy:
toby! he is a cute little lab and we are liking him a lot. except we call him duke all the time. oops. and yes people, i realize this is our 4th dog in 4 years. we will try to be more responsible with our children. i cant make any promises though.
AUGUST: Young family reunion! everyone in bjs family had not been together for 3 years. with so many people it's hard to get everyone in one place, at one time. for a week we all ate, talked, laughed and played a lot. a good time was had by all!
what a good lookin' bunch

-in august we also went to Hawaii with these guys (al and Jeremy) for 10 days!


we stayed on the north shore of Oahu in the turtle bay condos. we went cliff jumping, Bogey boarding, lots of swimming, ate yummy food, went to pearl harbor, hiked to a waterfall, did a little snorkeling, read and did lots of laying out. Hawaii is beautiful and i am so glad we were able to go!
that's our summer in a nutshell. i didn't take any classes so it was nice to be on vacation mode for 4 months. school has started again and i am really enjoying my classes. i am happy to say i will be graduating at the end of next summer! yay! i have most definitely taken the scenic route with school but i am glad i am finishing.
well....the end!

2 comments:

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

OK, I am proud of you for updating,but come on. Hawaii only gets one picture? you lazy blogger you.

Jake and Megan said...

I love your hair! So cute!