Thursday, November 3, 2011

i squashed her

what happened to my sweet, even tempered, never fuss baby? i ruined her, that's what. in my defense, her helmet made me do it. i'm okay with letting my baby cry. i know sad sad sad, not everyone agrees with it, blah blah blah. if she is tired but doesn't want to go down, since i am the only one in this duo who can asses the sitch, it's up to me to give her what she needs-  SLEEP. even if crying is the only way to get her over-tired self there. but this helmet....this damn helmet. yep, i'm turning into my mother and saying wimpy cuss words to show just how mad i am. baby kate will probably laugh at me behind my back as i did to my mom when i was younger......but little does she know im saying the not so wimpy ones in my head. and maybe during nap time. or anytime she is out of earshot. oh and those days i hate my husband. booyah. back to the helmet. since we've had it, if she cries before a nap, i worry it's because the helmet is hurting her. so i go in to check on her and often take her to my bed and lay with her. sometimes naps get passed up completely bc in my bed she is distracted OR if she doesn't fall asleep in her bed, i just go get her up after a while.... ect ect ect. well, a sleepy kate is NOT a happy kate. the beast ain't no joke, peeps. at the park this morning i was talking to another mom about it. she said something about how we are not doing them any favors by not forcing them to sleep and that when babies don't get enough sleep it really changes their personality. i have discovered that is the TRUTH. lately her little personality is not what it once was. so, im done feeling sorry for her. it's been two weeks. time to adjust, baby kate. right now shes up there screaming her chubby face off, but i wont be retrieving those sweet cheeks from that bed for 2 hours. we went to the park this morning, she had a bottle before and after the park....shes was stimulated, fed and changed, now the babe must sleep!

does this look like a happy babe to you? cute, yes. happy? maybe not so much.

so aside from that life is great. 4 weeks of class left, FOREVER! oooohhhhh i am so excited. ashley comes into town for Time Out For Women today. which is basically EFY for adults and it's amazing.  next weekend i go to utah for heathers baby shower and then my momma is coming out here a week or so after that. the holidays are just around the corner and we are moving into the other house next month sometime. exciting things happening in the Young household these days. somewhere in the mix my house is always dirty, showers have become negotiable, i'm balding and my baby wont sleep ....but life is good. i still need to blog about san fran, bj's mission, and kate's 5 months....but the screaming is a liiiiitle distracting. so for now i'm off to drown out the noise with some reality television while i clean my house. may the force be with me.

6 comments:

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

your posts crack me up. and you would die. DIE. if you heard the swear words i say regularly. it's out of control. and the sleeping thing? some people think i am out of control with my girls' nap schedules, but it's what they need and if they don't get it it really really does change their personality. and mine. so stick it out. let her cry! and good luck.

The Himmer Family said...

hahaha, oh Katherine, we've all been there :) Hang in there, i promise those stages pass, sometimes it takes a while, but they pass, for sure.

Heather said...

hahaha i love you katherine. I can't wait to see you and baby kate!!!

Amber Larsen said...

lol... you are soo funny!!

Coslett's said...

LOL LOL LOL AND LOL! LOVE LOVE YOU!!!

Mandolin said...

HILARIOUS!!! You, not the sitch. I hope things have been better. Esp after the helmet goes bye bye. Good luck love!