Tuesday, August 6, 2013

California Trip // San Diego

We have had a California trip planned with Bjs family for a while now, but last minute decided to go up a day early to take Kate to Sea World. Instead of trying to escape life for a whole extra day, I thought we would just leave super early Wednesday morning. In my head, Kate and Bj would sleep the whole time and we would arrive at Sea World refreshed and ready to spend the day there. No matter that I am also 7 and a half months pregnant. SO smart. Except not at all. Kate was bright eyed almost the entire ride there and we were all 3 exhausted before we even stepped out of the car in California. Lesson learned. We arrived at Sea World shortly after it opened and just made the best of being super tired. Kate was a little too short for most of the rides but loved the Sesame Street area. Bj and I took turns crawling around with her and were both dripping in sweat after. I couldn't ride the mini rides with her because of the pregnancy, but Bj rode 2 with her. The first she really enjoyed. The second she was screaming before they even took off. I tried to tell him she would get used to it and love it....but I was oh so wrong. She screamed the entire time and I'm pretty sure both BJ and Kate are still scarred from it. Whoopsies. Next we hit up the animal shows, all of which were the highlight of the day for both Kate and BJ. The Dolphin show was definitely our favorite. Kate ooohh and awwwwed the whole time and it was so fun to watch her. Around 2pm we had seen pretty much everything we could and decided to go on one last ride together. While waiting, Kate tripped and got a bloody lip. The pain mixed with the fatigue of the day made her inconsolable, so we called it a day and headed out to our hotel. She was asleep before we even left the parking lot. We checked into our somewhat scary hotel (( hotel pictures online NEVER look the same as they do in real life. )) for the night and just relaxed. Since being a newborn, Kate has never slept with us so I was really nervous on how that would go. No need though, we were all out by 8pm and didn't wake up until 9am. Success. I will definitely plan things a little different next time, but am still so glad we went up a day early to do Sea World with our little family.


happy ride
....sad ride.
the best face, and the one she made all day. so sad I didn't catch it more clearly.

still mad about the ride maybe? haha.

exhausted and ready to go to sleep!


Clipping Quick said...

I'm personally a big fan of The Youngs blog. Thanks for sharing this post.
clipping path service