Sunday, January 27, 2008

lucky me

this post is basically to tell yall how lucky i am. i have such a wonderful husband, who i love dearly. he is a strong priesthood holder, has so much integrity, strives for the best in all that he does, he is unbelievably thoughtful...plus he is a hunk ;) let me tell you a story so you see just how thoughtful he is:

this past week i have been freaking out a little (...or alot) about this talk i had to on sunday (which was today..and by the way it went fine. i lived through it...weird. haha. ) . well anyway, those of you who know bj, know that he is the exact opposite of that- he doesnt mind speaking at church, he is good at telling funny stories in front of large crowds...he is just a people person through and through. so at the beginning of the week he just kind of rolled his eyes and said something about how i am not 12, i shouldnt be nervous, and would do a great job. basically telling me to suck it up and just do it. as the week went on he saw how seriously nervous i was. so last night he got home from work at about 8, and announced he had a surprise for me, and that he would give it to me when i was done writing my talk. i was half way through it, so he sat down and helped me write the rest of it. Afterward he told me to wait in the living room while he went into our bedroom. a few min later he came out and took me by the hand and told me that he knew how nervous i was about talking and so he wanted to do somethign to help calm my nerves. he took me to the bathroom where he had drawn a bubble bath for me. i got in and he proceeded to bring me a diet coke (woo hooo!), sit down next to the tub and then took each of my feet and scrubbed them down with one of those callous remover things, and then massaged each one. when he was done he got up and told me to just relax because i deserved it.

Now, i dont know what his mother taught to him growing up, but DANG she is doing something right! she is a saint. i hope i can raise our kids as wonderfully as she did hers. he is so great and i am so grateful for him. he knew i was nervous about speaking, something that he couldnt relate to AT ALL, but he still went above and beyond to make me feel better about it.

and that folks is why i am lucky :)

4 comments:

Samye said...

What a sweet heart!!! That is one very thoughtful husband!

Chelsea said...

Thats sweet!! He is thoughtful, I wish my husband would do that!!!

Devin and Megan said...

How sweet! I love it when they do things like that. Then I try to think of things to do for him.

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

Man Catherine, I have tears in my eyes. Granted that happens a lot lately but what a man he is. I love Beej like no other.