Wednesday, April 6, 2011

crusty

If you fall into this category, I probably don't like you. As of right now. And maybe forever. The dental office I work at sees mostly older patients. The elderly are supposed to be endearing, wise, sweet, happy, tell cheesy jokes and be laid back.

Wrong.

Most are condescending, feisty, have lame humor, sometimes smell, are grouchy and slow.

I KNOW I am young. This does not mean you can give me crusty looks while you figure out that the bouquet of fake flowers next to your hand is actually a bouquet of pens with flowers on them. Every office DOES THIS, catch up already. And no, you can't take one home, that's the whole reason we have the flowers on them! And no, there is no senior citizen discount on dental work, BECAUSE you're all old. Yes his name is Dr. Sandstrom. Not Sandstorm or Sanderson. When I try to nonchalantly say his name back to you in the correct way so that YOU don't look dumb when you talk to him, do not correct me back. I'm pretty sure I know the name of the dentist I work for. oh and you spent $945.00 dollars here??? 3 years ago??? Well whoop-a-di DOO. NO you did not "practically help build the office" like you think. And yes, everyone uses that same lame joke. No that does not make you entitled to free cleanings forever. And NO it's not okay to bring a grocery sack and fill it up with our toothpaste and floss samples.

I do realize this is probably a product of my pregnancy hormones at their best. I do not care.

5 comments:

Heather said...

hahaah I love you katherine. the grocery sack is hilarious.

Samye said...

I love it...and just wait until you have that baby and then the older people see that cute baby. THAT is when you get real grouchy- oh she is napping, please don't touch...seriously... DON'T TOUCH!

BJ and Alexis Gremillion said...

Hahahaha! This is SOOOO funny! Oh I totally remember that by April everyone is just so sick of all the old people!! I'm ready for them to go home too. They take up all of the grocery stores and give me crusty looks if my baby starts crying! For this reason alone I get excited for the heat to come!

Jake and Megan said...

hahaha!! This is hilarious!

Mindi Smith said...

You just brought back horrible memories to me! I will change all the poopy diapers Jude can muster up and be grateful that I'm not working on all those mean old bags! But I do miss you guys!