Sunday, June 12, 2011

bradley the builder

A few months ago I read about this website on a friends blog. I thought it was so cool and wanted to try it sometime. A few weeks later I saw the same friend was building this and decided to copy her. Bj and I started on this little project one Saturday and worked on it all day.....and that was basically the last time I touched it. I was pregnant and didn't want to paint it and inhale the fumes so I left my project up to BJ to finish. Him and Beau worked on it randomly over the last couple of months and last night they finished it. Don't look too close because it has flaws but I love that BJ built it and really for our first shot at building furniture, I don't think it turned out bad. It has quirks but I like that about it. It is a little taller than I would have liked and the paint job is not perfect but it's way better than the cheap-o $50 walmart console we had before. Oh yea, that was the original point of this whole thing: to build it because it would be cheaper than buying. ha ha. wellll.....yes the materials are cheaper. But conveniently Bj needed quite a few tools to build this.....so it added up quickly. Lucky for us if something ever happens"we can use the tools to make money"....what? anyone elses husband use that excuse? Well don't worry hubs, I have a back up plan too. If something ever happens I will use this nifty little thing called ebay to sell the clothes and decor that I plan on buying in the coming months. Sound good?

BJ pretty much hates since he is the one who built it so he looks at it with such a critical eye. I don't notice all of that technical crap though so I happy with how it turned out. I'm glad we (he) did this little project and even more glad that it's sitting pretty in my living room right now. Not sure what I am going to put on top of it yet. I need a decorator. Stat.

Before:

After:

Much better, don't ya think??

3 comments:

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

I LOVE it! Can't wait to see it in person.

Anonymous said...

um, this is freaking awesome! i love the color and detail!!

and i love seeing you blog more!! little Kate is so so sweet and beautiful!

and i can't believe you guys have been married 4 years! how exciting!!

Bradley J Young said...

ok, just so anyone who reads this know...I never said that I could make a living with the tools...have many people ever made a living with C-clamps and a palm sander? No, I don't think so. I couldn't build it without them...to buy this it would cost $800 is what KATHERINE said, it cost $600 to build with half that being tools. So sorry for the confusion my wife is still ill from the hormones...aparently. Rough life.