Tuesday, February 3, 2009

ho hum

well I am supposed to be creating an LLC for bj right now, instead I'm blog stalking. Very productive.


For those of you who don't know, I am slightly (completely) jobless at the moment. I had this "great idea" to sell alarms a few months back, so I quit my normal job to sell alarms. It was okay. Then it got cold. and I never sold alarms again. I have been job hunting though and I have a few interviews lined up, so keep your fingers crossed!

I have done a few productive things today though:

1. Got a fabulous hair cut. The last girl (who will remain nameless) butchered my hair when I had her cut it. She probably thought that bc it always looks messed up anyway that I may not notice if she cut it like crap. On the contrary. I am VERY particular about my haircut. I went to a new girl here in Gilbert today and i loved her. very happy about that.
2. Worked out.
3. Cleaned out the fridge
4. Cleaned the shower ** second least favorite chore in the WORLD. vacuuming the stairs comes first.
5. Made a vet appt for the pups tomorrow.
6. Returned the shoes I bought bj for Christmas.
I could name a few more little things but they are not that important or interesting. Actually none of this list is, but like I said, I don't have a job at the moment.

I mentioned that bj also had a hair cut a few days ago. Kind of ironic that I am so particular about mine, and then I butcher his. His was definitely not so fabulous. This is what happened:

It's like 10:00pm or something. I'm in bed reading the host (by Stephanie Meyer. the first 200 pages are dull but after that it gets soo good). Bj is in the bathroom buzzing his hair. growing up his mom has always cut his hair. she has 5 boys so she learned how. smart woman. I tried to learn a few times, kept messing it up so I have been exiled from trying to cut or style his hair. I am however aloud to buzz it with the guard on...its literally impossible to mess that up. Anyway, I'm very into my book when I hear a faint " hey Katherine will you come go over my head for me". I pull myself away from the book and say okay. I walk into the bathroom, grab the clippers out of his hand and go straight up the back of his head.

Hhmmm. Apparently what he REALLy said was "hey Katherine, can you come get my NECK for me".

Well. Big difference. When he was going over his head the guard was ON so his hair was only being trimmed. When he does his neck he takes the guard off entirely so that there is NO hair left.

So he looks back at me and says "WHAT ARE YOU DOING??". I stop day dreaming about my book and realize that there is now a big bald spot up the back of his head. I just kind of stare at him with my mouth hanging open and start apologizing. Then we both start laughing. After that he was mad for a second and then came to terms with the fact he couldn't do anything about it and was a REALLY good sport about it. So we laughed some more and he shaved the rest of his head. I had to leave the bathroom after a little while though bc he was done laughing and I kept bursting out in laughter while looking at him. I couldn't help it. It really was funny.

He has been such a good sport about it. He hasn't said a peep about it since that first night. What a great hub. And I honestly don't think its a terrible look on him. Not his best look but if I didn't know him with something different, I wouldn't of thought twice about it.

Anyway, here is the pic. Keep in mind this was taken a full WEEK after the haircut.


As you can see, he was thrilled I was going to blog about it.

If anyone needs a haircut, I'm taking clients. Free of charge.

10 comments:

Coslett's said...

LOL LOL LOL!! KATHERINE!!! OMG!!! You have lost your mind woman! poor BJ! hahahaha but i will say this i do understand about the whole book thing! there is nothing being torn away from a book that you are reading soo annoying! haha that will teach him next time to not bother you again while you are int a book! i mean seriously what was bj thinking!?? hahahaha love this kat! hahaha

Heather said...

KATHERINE SUZANNE!!! your POOR POOR husband!!! hahahahaha. Poor BJ. Well, you're being punished too I guess.... cause when youre out in public, people are gonna know that's YOUR man... and they probably think he has bad taste in haircuts... therefore, you have bad taste. ( good thing he's a cute boy though... other wise, you'd be up a creek!) ahah.

The Himmer Family said...

hahaha... Katherine- this gave me a really good laugh! I tried getting adventurous with Charles' last haircut and tried doing a "fade" with the different guards... bad idea. His hair ended up a little longer than this though. lol... what a good sport!

Julie said...

Okay. That is SO funny! I definitely am a fan of BJ with hair. Way to go, BJ, with being such a great sport! When Scott was back in law school and interviewing for jobs, he had me cut his hair. I got distracted with Drew and accidentally cut a target in the back of his hair :-). I felt bad, but he didn't say much. A few weeks later, however, I found out that he really got me worse. He had been using my EYELINER to fill it in!!! Eww!! I put that in my eyes!

Brad and Laurie said...

You crack me up girl:) I love your style. Don't change a thing, just keep swimming
love from texas

Audrie said...

Hahahaa!! BJ called me the next day to tell me about it & I gotta say, it looks worse than I thought! I guess I pictured it really short but not his scalp showing :) You crack me up! No worries, I went to hair school & I am still not allowed to cut my hubbies hair. Love ya

The Fabela Family said...

Oh my gosh!! I’m at work while reading your blog and I busted out loud. I seriously couldn’t stop laughing. Katherine you are so silly! I would have paid big bucks to see ya’ll face expressions at that very moment. I’m glad BJ took it well. I’m not sure if I could say Andy would have. Thanks for the good laugh! :)

The Fabela Family said...

Just read your blog to my sister (Michelle) over the phone. I could'nt control myself. I was laughing than crying than laughing all over again. I dont know why but I find this so funny. Maybe I just have the giggles. Whaoo! This totally made my day. Thanks

Angenelle said...

Katherine! So funny! I was seriously almost rolling on the floor!!

jon♥kara said...

Hey Katherine I'm Amber's friend Kara, we met a while back at Ambers. I check out your blog every once and awhile you are too cute and funny. Sounds like something I would do. I tried cuting my husband's hair once and that put an end to it right there.