Sunday, February 8, 2009

weekend happenings

This weekend was a fun one


Friday night:

1. went hiking. Bj got off early on Friday so we took the time to go hiking with the pups. I forgot my camera like a dummy, but it was really fun and SO pretty.

2. went to applebees with Al and Jeremy. before 7pm they have 1/2 price appetizers. we definitely got mozzarella sticks, artichoke dip, and hot wings. they were each like 3 dollars, we couldn't help ourselves. 3. went bowling after that. I bowled a 167 in one game. not sure how that happened but it was fun for everyone to think I was really good at bowling for that round. The two rounds after I proved otherwise though.
4. went to golden spoon. SO GOOD. If you don't have golden spoons where you are, I am sorry. It is a frozen yogurt place they have here in the valley. A small has under 100 calories and they come in like 20 different flavors. so stinkin good.

Saturday:

1. went to the driving range. I had never been before and it was actually really fun.


2. a miracle happened- Bj bought some clothes for himself. For those of you who don't know my husband, he does NOT shop. ever.
3. went to golden spoon, again. while we were out I wanted to go to the used book store to get the next book in the shopaholic series. Bj sat there and thought about it for a second and said "I'll trade you the used bookstore for goldenspoon". ahh, he knows the way to my heart. frozen yogurt. plus he hates it when I read. Sounds odd, right? He says I "neglect him and the world" when I have a good book. It's true I do. But its still pretty funny. I ended up getting the book anyway. score.

It was a really fun weekend and we had such nice weather here. I can't believe its the middle of February though. Is that weird to anyone else??
Right now Bj is singing a song from our bedroom that goes something like this (to the tune of I'm proud to be American) "I love Katherine blogging all freaking morning and I want to shoot her.... Right now she is sooo boring". I think that's my que to get be done here. So I am off.
Have a wonderful Sunday everyone!

3 comments:

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

Am loving all of your new posts and will be sad when you get a job and leave the blogging world behind.
1. love golden spoon and coldstone, but ya, never buy more than one serving you crazy lady.
2. ice cream for breakfast? You sound like Clint.
3. What a fun weekend for you guys, and go Beej for buying clothes!
4. you got the 4th book? i will be borrowing that.

Brad and Laurie said...

Tell Beej his haircut rocks!

The Himmer Family said...

lol... ok, i think we need to get charles and bj together. I think we would have some serious fun. lol